gc

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Torn by Kim Karr


Rock star River Wilde brought Dahlia London back from the brink of hopelessness with his unwavering love and devotion. But their entangled history is about to test the strength of their relationship…

Dahlia was certain she had found true love and met her "Once in a Lifetime’ when she reconnected with River. But Dahlia’s world comes crashing down when someone from her past resurfaces, and all of River’s carefully hidden secrets are exposed.
                                                               
River wants to show Dahlia that life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass—it’s about dancing in the rain. But how many times can one broken heart be mended?  Will River and Dahlia be able to stay together or will they be torn apart?

5 Rockin' Stars!!!

I couldn't wait to read this book.  If you haven't read Connected (Connections #1) you should before reading this.  After the way the first book ended, I needed this book badly.  Patience isn't one of my many virtues. 

The story picks up where it left off and River and Dahlia are getting ready to go to Las Vegas to get married when a phone call stops their plan and everything changes in a blink of an eye.  Ben is alive! 

Dahlia and River's relationship is put to a test with this new revelation.  As tempers fly - Ben wanting to hold on to his girl and River denying she ever was:

"She's mine.  You don't deserve her, you never did,"

Kim Karr takes us on an emotional journey of lies, betrayal, and finding what true love is all about.  I praise Kim for painting a vivid picture of all that Dahlia faced in Torn.  The story fascinated me.  I could feel the emotions Dahlia was going through and I wanted her to succeed and find her happily ever after. 

"River, it's always been you. From the minute I saw you at the bar, I think it's always been you.  I never even set a wedding date with Ben and maybe that was why.  Because you were the one for me, you are the one for me."

River is a sexy, rock-star.  He loves Dahlia.  He always puts her feelings above everything else.  He protects her from painful truths that happened in the past that would only hurt her to have the knowledge of it.  This becomes another hurdle for them to overcome. 

"Brigitte told me once that in France they don't say I missed you, they say you were missing from me, and you were."

River and Dahlia are soul mates:

"Okay baby, okay.  But a beautiful thing is never perfect," he whispers...

Swoon worthy! I absolutely love River! 

We are given closure in this book and it was more than I anticipated.  Highly recommend! This was a great book. From the moment I started reading this series, I was hooked and couldn't put my Kindle down. Thank you so much, Kim Karr for a beautiful story.  I can't wait for the next book - Mended (Connections #3).

No comments:

Post a Comment