gc

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Review of Fighting Envy by Jennifer Miller

Some people get a tattoo - a piece of art that enhances or reveals something about them that they like. Other people, like me, are branded by something - actions or words. "No one will ever love you, Rowan, you're not worthy." Those are the words that created my blemish, my scar, my mark upon my soul. They were words whispered by the woman who should have loved me most. But in the darkest moment of my life, one where I stood abandoned and alone, one man proved to me that she was wrong. 

When I desperately needed someone, MMA fighter Jackson Stone crashed into my life. He wasn't the one who should have been there, but he was exactly the person I needed He believed that only fools live in the past. He showed me that a real relationship is full of dreams, faith, trust and passion. He taught me that love is worth fighting for - even when it's unexpected and more of a collision of hearts and souls. He proved that the wrong man at the right moment can heal everything.




Overall Rating:  4 Rockin’ ★★

Only a fool carries other people's envy, insecurities, and troubles into their future...Jax Stone

Curiosity and the sexy hunk-o-licious cover, helped me to decide to purchase, Fighting Envy by Jennifer Miller and add it to my Kindle library earlier this week.  The story taking place in-between the lines, surprisingly helped me to escape into the lives of characters, Rowan Martin, Jackson "Jax" Stone and the entire group of MMA fighters that surrounded them.

Rowan grew up in an abusive household where her mother continually beat her down not only physically but mentally as well.  Her twin brother Tyler protected her and their bond was solidified not only from birth but also the determination to escape from the horrible life they had endured as soon as they reach their eighteenth birthday.  Rowan believed she was unable to be loved and that she was cursed like her mother and grandmother before her when it came to a healthy relationship with a man.

Jax is a humble, sexy hero that is instantly drawn to Rowan.  Their meeting is unconventional to say the least, yet it joined them together forever.  He recognized that on the outside she was truly beautiful and yearned to connect with her emotionally as well as physically.  He wasn't looking for a one and done, one night stand, but a solid relationship. Once Jax made a promise he always kept it.

Their journey was filled with sadness, laughter, discovery of themselves and their fortitude to persevere, to be better than the model they had growing up.  Each character brought a layer of humbleness and hope to the outcome.  The more you learned about them the more you loved them.  The secondary characters were an absolute blast to read about.  They added humor and camaraderie to the story.  This tight knit family opened their arms and hearts to Rowan to show her what true love and acceptance is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment