gc

Monday, May 26, 2014

~Interview with Author Cristin Harber~

All of us here at Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews are extremely excited to have Author Cristin Harber with us today.  ***Happy Dance***  We really love your Titan series and can't wait to hear what you have to share with us, so let's get started.

What’s your all-time favorite book?

So you’re asking me to pick one of my favorite kids? Hmm. I can narrow it down to Maya Banks’ KGI and Lora Leigh’s Elite Ops.  

What was your inspiration for the Titan series?

I started the first book in the Titan series (Winters Heat) after I had a newborn at home and was recovering from a rough c-section. When I wasn’t doing the normal newborn stuff, I watched the Die Hard movies—which are my faves—and re-read a lot of romantic suspense. 
Winters Heat starts in Louisville, Kentucky where I went to school (University of Louisville) and ended up outside Washington, DC which is where I live. My husband was traveling in Colombia, South America at the time, which is where the villains in Winters Heat live. So, I basically woke up one morning after a non-existent night of newborn-in-the-house sleep and ‘saw’ the Titan Group in action.

Do you have a favorite character from your books?

Yes, it’s no secret that I adore Cash Garrison (book 2, Garrison’s Creed). So much so that I just finished a prequel to that story and sent it off for line edits the other day. Cash is a cowboy sniper who is the sweetest alpha you’ll ever meet.But my favorite character in terms of emotional strength and depth of character would be Rocco Savage. He loves Caterina in a way that stole my breath. The trials they summit together and their journey to find happiness is past admirable. It’s epic.

Can you tell the readers a little bit about "Savage Secrets”?

Savage Secrets is an intense story that will make you laugh at times and want to throw your Kindle across the room while crying. It has the darkest moments I’ve ever written but also one of the most fulfilling happily ever afters I’ve read.Rocco Savage wants justice. Caterina Cruz needs vengeance. In order to take out a terrorist in London, they’re forced undercover as a married arms-dealing couple. The result is a powerful attraction and conflict that only love can survive.

Did you have the next few books planned?

Yes! The prequel to Garrison’s Creed is Sweet Girl which is available for pre-order now and releases on July 7th. The next two full length novels are Hart Attack (Roman and Beth’s story, releases fall 2014) and an yet to be named novel following Titan’s intelligence genius (releases late 2014).

Do you have any advice for aspiring romance writers?

Absolutely. I wouldn’t have found success without my crit partners. I trust them, can bounce ideas, find plot holes, and work every day to better my writing because of them. They are brilliant ladies who push and inspire me.Also, trust your voice and know your worth. Publishing is a hard business, especially self-publishing where you have to be the CEO, CFO, CMO of your company. But I’ve found it extremely rewarding.

Any new projects you would like to share with us today?

I’m finalizing edits on Sweet Girl. It’s a new adult romance and lighter on the suspense elements than the other Titan books but just as hot and fast paced. It’s available for pre-order now and releases July 7th. I love all my covers but this one just makes me smile.

Where can readers find you?

I try to be all over the place. But you’ll find me most active on the Team Titan facebook page, the FB author page, and Twitter. Here are a few links to track me down. I respond to every message, question, and tweet I see. I’d love to chat:

Team Titan Facebook page 
Facebook 
Twitter 
Newsletter signup 
Website 
Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment