gc

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Book Recommendation & Review of Angel's Halo (Angel's Halo MC #1) by Terri Anne Browning

Creswell Springs was a small town in Trinity Count, California. Population 1,500—maybe. It’s a quiet town, with small town values. Its greatest income is the University just outside of the town limits… and the revenue the local Motorcycle Club brings in. 

Being part of the MC that was Angel’s Halo was exactly like being part of a family. A scary, powerful, crazy family. It was also like its own society. There are rules, just as there are in every family, every society. But only breaking one of their rules will leave you in a broken, blood pile on the floor… 
No one touches Raven Hannigan. 

Raven 
I was the MC’s only weakness. Or so my father use to tell me as I was growing up. Mad Max Hannigan was once Angel’s Halos’ president. He made the rules and everyone was expected to follow them or come face to fist with the enforcer… 
I have spent my life in the middle of the MC. I knew the rules—the penalties for breaking those rules. So I knew what would happen to him if I let him break the golden rule… But I loved him, like I have never loved anyone or anything before. I thought my love would protect him. 
Of course it hadn’t. When our secret was discovered he was beaten. 
So I shouldn’t blame him for leaving me… 

Bash 
As the enforcer I knew the consequences. Knew exactly what was in store for me when Raven’s family found out that I had dared to break my MC’s unforgivable rule. I loved her, so it didn’t matter to me. When her oldest brother delivered my punishment I didn’t scream. Didn’t groan. I took it like the man my MC had made me, and would have done it over and over again if that was what it took to be able to call Raven Hannigan mine. 
But then my past reared its ugly head and I had a choice to make. One that I have only lived to regret. 
Taking on the job as Angel’s Halos’ new president was my second chance. But… would my secrets destroy everything Raven and I once had? 


Overall Rating:  4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆

This is the first book in the Angel’s Halo series by author extraordinaire, Terri Anne Browning.  It is an amazing look at life as a daughter of the founder of an MC and the sister to five older brothers!  How can a girl possibly get a break with a family like that?  Everyone knows not to look at, touch or show any interest in the first daughter of the club.  Raven, however, has eyes for only one brother, the club’s enforcer, Bash and one day he is going to be hers! Bash and Raven’s story will grab you from the beginning with its unique storyline, characters that you will want to get to know and strong sense of family.

Our story takes place in the small town of Creswell Springs.  Two things dominate the town, a university and a MC.  Both play an important role in the town.  The thing that they both do is supply needed revenue for the small community.  The club is ruled by Hannigan Family.  Their family runs a biker bar and the other brothers run multiple businesses in town.  When the ruling President of the club is sent to prison for killing a man, he asks his ex-enforcer to return and assume the position.  Bash left Creswell Springs and swore he would never return to MC life.  There is only reason that he would ever step back into that life, Raven Hannigan the love of his life.  She is the woman that he left behind over a year ago and has regretted leaving ever since.

When Raven finds out that Bash has returned to take over for her brother Jet, her heart is once again breaking apart.  It doesn’t matter that he wants her back, is sorry for leaving her none of that matters if he is still keeping secrets from her.  Can she trust him, let him in again? Bash is asking for a second chance to prove his love to her.  
Hero – Bash 4.5 stars
Heroine – Raven Hannigan 4.5 stars
Steam: 4.5 stars 
Plot: 4.5 stars 
Cliffhanger: No

Would I recommend this book: Yes! Sexy, hot muscled alpha male that rides a HOG and wants his woman back!  This scenario makes for a really smoking hot read!

Would I recommend this author: Yes!  Each book that I read by this author makes me more of a fan!  Her stories are unique and her characters are well thought out and developed.  Ms. Browning is in a class by herself and that is why she is on my must read list!

No comments:

Post a Comment