gc

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Spotlight Author of the Week: Susan Ward



★•*❤*•★ Spotlight Author Susan Ward ★•*❤*•★

***Amazon top 100 Bestselling in Contemporary Romance/ Coming-of-Age/Historical Romance/Historical Romance Regency/ Erotica Humorous***

I'm addicted to writing. I've written 26 romance novels in 25 years, but I just started releasing them in May 2014 because frankly there are some things inside them I wasn't sure I wanted my daughters to read. The nest is empty, my girls all grown, so now I'm letting loose.

I believe in the adage; Don't judge a book by it's cover! Definitely the case with The Girl on the Half Shell. Perfect looking lives are not perfect. We all have our own challenges to overcome! It's a theme in the books I've written and I cover a wide range of contemporary issues in stories ranging from raw and steamy, to gut wrenching, to happy happily ever after.

My first release The Girl on the Half Shell is my most intense novel, the first in the Half Shell Series and the one I had to wait until I had no kids at home to release.

My Perfect Forever Series is definitely happy happily ever after. The first in this line of books was released June 2014 with The Signature.

My current releases include: The Girl on the Half Shell; The Girl of Tokens & Tears; The Signature; Rewind; One Last Kiss; One More Kiss; When the Perfect Comes; Face to Face; Love’s Patient Fury.

I've been in love with the Romance novel since I read my first Kathleen Woodiwiss book, and it seems to me that beyond a steamy fun read, a good romance novel is so much more: it's women empowering women. We share. We learn.

So about me? I'm as eclectic as my books. A mom. A grandmother. A business owner. A writer of romance. An advocate for clean air and the environment. A wife and an animal lover. The best way to explain me is that once in a talent contest I played classical piano followed by a chopsticks duet with my toes. That pretty much sums up how I've lived my life!

For future releases and other books www.susanwardbooks.com




People think Chrissie Parker has a picture-perfect life. She leads an opulent lifestyle in Santa Barbara, her father, Jack, is a beloved music icon from the sixties, and she possesses a wealth of musical talent that will certainly lead to a promising future. But behind the façade, everything is far from perfect. 

When Chrissie journeys from Santa Barbara to New York City for an audition at Juilliard, romance is the last thing on her mind. She never anticipated encountering British Superstar Alan Manzone, a musician fresh out of Rehab, tormented by his own weakness and troubled past. Alan's life is everything Chrissie's is not; exciting, glitzy, and an all-out train wreck. 

Chrissie is soon consumed by Alan's shocking pursuit of her, his dark secrets, and his desires. Determined to save Alan from himself, is it possible Alan, this beautiful and brilliant musician, is really rescuing Chrissie from her artfully concealed secret addiction that even her best friend is unaware of? 

Can two lost people find a love meant to last a life time in only three weeks?

Available on Amazon US: http://amzn.to/ZqFAnZ
Amazon UK buy link: http://amzn.to/11u8gxh
Amazon CA buy link: http://amzn.to/ZSLCxm
Amazon AU buy link: http://bit.ly/1pP2g7Y




::Excerpt::

Jeez, it’s a sexy voice. British and raspy. I don’t recognize the voice. Who is this guy? I struggle to pick out more detail of my companion. He rises, and I can see that he tall, muscled, and graceful of movement. I wish I could see his face.

“Close your eyes,” says the voice on the intercom.

“Why?”

“Just do it.”

I close my eyes. There is something so imperative about his manner that disobeying doesn’t seem an option. The studio door opens. There is the sound of bare feet against floor. The warm presence of a body moves into me.

“Don’t open your eyes. I’m not going to hurt you and if you open your eyes this will do you no good.”

“It won’t?”

My fingers tighten around the neck of the cello.

“No.” I feel the displacement of air that follows movement and then the heat of him even closer. “You are a very beautiful girl.”

“What?” I don’t know what to say to that.

I start to ease back but he stops me. “You are a very talented girl,” he whispers. “You are going to be remarkable at your audition. And you should most definitely play the Bach. It was flawless.”

I try to speak. His fingers touch across my lips to silence me. He leans forward and I am paralyzed just feeling his body near me. I haven’t even seen his face and I’m wondering what it would be like to be kissed by him. His voice is a seduction. His words. The way he turns them on his lips.

He takes a deep breath. On my cheek there is the whispering touch of a fingertip. The skin is rough and hardened. The kind of harshness you get from years of working the metal strings of a guitar. But somehow he knows how to touch with them so they are like a velvet seduction. Like his voice. A little raspy. A little rough. A velvet seduction. His touch moves down my face to trace my lower lip. The play of him leaves me frantic and weak. He puts a light kiss on my forehead and then I feel him moving away.

NO! That’s wrong. All that just to kiss me on the forehead?

“Open your eyes. Don’t hit me. It was a kiss for luck.”

“I wasn’t going to hit you. It was a peck, not a kiss. Downright…”

Oh my god!  He is crouched down in front of me and only inches from me is a face I’ve seen a thousand times from a poster hanging on my wall in my dorm room. He doesn’t look at all like he does in his music videos, and stepping out of the TV definitely improves him. I like him better this way:  simple jeans, a loose fitting t-shirt and what is surely one of Jack’s worn long-sleeve flannels. Even if I didn’t own every scrap of music he’s ever recorded, even if I hadn’t seen every video, I would have been blown away just looking at his face.

Alan Manzone is beautiful. He has lustrous black, unkempt shoulder length hair. I don’t really like long hair on guys, but oh, on this guy it is perfect. It frames his face and softens the features that would have been too strongly carved without it, especially with those dangerously intense black eyes. God, they are true black. I’ve never seen such a thing before, and they’ve got giant iridescent irises flecked with shimmers.

He doesn’t move. I don’t move. He doesn’t speak. I don’t speak. OK, whatever game this is it is working very well.

I fight to recover from the shock of finding him, and realize he’s watching me and expecting some kind of reaction. He knows exactly what he is doing to me with his little drama and he’s enjoying it.  His smugness reminds me of Neil and that makes my temper flare. Oh no, Mr. Sexy British Rocker, I am not going to play your game and make a fool of myself. Some other guy has already made a fool of me tonight.





PictureKaley Stanton has it all: beauty, brains, and a promising future as an independent documentary filmmaker. What she doesn’t have is the love of her life, Bobby Rowen. A drunken night and a big mistake has Bobby walking out her life.

Bobby Rowan has known since high school that Kaley is the only girl for him. Letting her go was the hardest thing he ever had to do, but he was certain it was the only way to truly keep her.

Will a chance encounter help these two young lovers rewind their mistakes and finally become a Perfect Forever couple?

Kaley is about to find out…

Picture
Krystal is a famous singer turned fugitive ex-wife charged with kidnapping. Morgan is the superstar in love with her and desperate to bring her back to safety. Devon is the reporter sent to deliver the message. 
Escaping an abusive ex-husband and a custody case that had turned into nothing more than a media circus, Krystal builds a new life in the small town of Coos Bay, Oregon. To protect her daughter from her deranged ex, she constructs an identity far removed from the once glitzy existence she shared with her fiancé Morgan. 
Teaching music to children and living in a modest dwelling in nearly total isolation proves the perfect cover against discovery. Krystal feels safe after hiding successfully for two years, but she is unprepared when a new complication threatens her artfully constructed identity: the arrival of Devon Howard. 
Is there more to Devon’s tale about his relocation to Oregon to finish his novel? Is her neighbor really harmless? And can Krystal keep herself safe from the powerful attraction she feels for Devon? Does love and the truth conquer all? 
Krystal is about to find out… 

Picture
Linda is on a mission to find her father. Her journey  to locate the gifted musician who abandoned her before she was born takes her through the steamy and drug fueled world of the LA music scene where she is rapidly climbing the ranks as a prime groupie sought after by the brilliant and talented men of  rock music.

Jackson Parker is a living music legend from the ‘60s.  But hard living, the death of his wife, private tragedies, and a personal life in shambles sends him on a downward spiral into despair.

On a lonely night on a Santa Barbara beach the last thing either expects is to  find the one person they absolutely need to make their lives complete. Will Linda’s chance meeting with a drunken Jackson change both their lives forever?

Together these two broken and desperate souls collide in a passionate affair that is impossible for either of them resist. Together they each find the solace they need: a man searching for peace and a girl searching for closure. One thing is certain, their chance meeting has kicked off an affair without end…
Picture
START THE DEVERELL SERIES TODAY AN AMAZON BESTSELLING REGENCY ROMANCE SERIES. ALL 3 BOOKS RELEASED:
BOOK 1: WHEN THE PERFECT COMES
BOOK 2: FACE TO FACE
BOOK 3: LOVE'S PATIENT FURY


AVAILABLE NOW ON AMAZON BOOK 1 OF THE DEVERELL SERIES:
WHEN THE PERFECT COMES


Lady Meredith Ann Merrick does not want to be tamed by a man.

Varian Morgan is a man no woman can resist.

Thrown together on a ship, will Varian’s charms conquer Meredith’s love of freedom?

Meredith is born at time when women have but two choices: marry or face social ruin. Determined to master her own fate when her father concocts a devious plan to force her into marriage; she takes matters into her own hands. She embarks on a foolhardy adventure to free herself from an impending marriage contract, only to find herself trapped by the mysterious and beguiling Varian Morgan.

Varian Morgan is a man of myth and legend. Known as much for his exploits with women, as for his for his piracy on the high seas; a vexing young girl, taken hostage in Cornwall, is no challenge for his prowess. When it becomes clear that she is hiding something from him, it only makes him more determined to ignore his desires and withhold from her the pleasures of his bed.

Trapped on a ship of men, the last thing Meredith anticipated was days at the mercy of a vile pirate crew and nights yearning for its captain.

When fierce arguments give way to fiery passion, is desire enough to make a girl determined to remain free of men, be willing captive in the bed of a sinister pirate, who is a master of seduction? 

No comments:

Post a Comment