gc

Monday, April 27, 2015

Review of Secrets (Russkaya Mafiya #1) by Sapphire Knight

Running scared, I’m forced to start completely over. I escape to Tennessee where no one knows who I am. I try to blend in and decide that a huge University will be the easiest way. 
Tainted, scared and alone, will he find me? Will he hurt me again?
I have a secret you see. I need a savior, someone who can help me be free.
I never expected to meet Tate Masterson.
Strong, sexy and stubborn; with his alluring hazel eyes, tattoos and Russian accent. 
I never had a chance; he took one look at me and decided I was his.
Tate has a secret too; the Russkaya Mafiya is in his blood.
His secret could help save me, but will Tate embrace it or destroy us?


Overall Rating:  4.25 Rockin’ ★★★★
Sapphire Knight's debut book, Secrets from her series, Russkaya Mafiya is an innovative perspective on gangster romance and the introduction to a close knit community of characters this author created.  Once again the cover drew my attention and called to me to purchase it.  I was unsure what the story was about, but holy heck that couple looked like steam was pouring off them and I wanted to know more about their story.  The blurb also added to the book’s allure and seized my interest. I love reading books by new authors.  They open different worlds and I couldn't wait to learn all about Emily & Tate's happily ever after.

Emily Harper is running from her past.  She is trying to hide from that past, as a student at the University of Tennessee.  She's a Texan at heart, feisty and beautiful.  She loves her sundresses and cowboy boots (staples in her closet) and her 1965 teal Ford F150.  Luka Tate Masterson is every girl's dream of the perfect bad boy.  His Russian accent is a definite turn on as well as his tattoos and piercings that add to the overall hot package.  Tate’s alpha tendencies and Russian mafia status also add to his charm.  His extreme car collection reinforces the saying, all boys love their toys.

They meet when Emily agrees to have dinner with her new friend, Avery.  The sizzling attraction heats the pages and even though she knows she should stay away from Tate, Emily can't resist the pull he has over her.  He begins his pursuit of her and refuses to take no for an answer.   The fact is he has decided Emily would be his and as a "boss," he always gets what he wants.  He doesn't want to scare this beauty away with his mafia business, so he tries to keep it hidden from her.  When circumstances happen and Emily needs his help he brings all the resources available to him to help save her.

This story was a surprise and an enjoyable read.  There were a few twist and turns that I hadn't anticipated. The overall read intrigued and held me in suspense until the end.  The secondary characters, London, Avery, Niko, and Cameron were especially a delight and offered insight and depth to the plot.  Tate's family also helped meld everyone together especially his grandmother, Vivo with her Russian traditions.  I'm really happy I added this book to my library and look forward to the next installment in this series.

Purchase Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment