gc

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Review of Relinquish (Russkaya Mafiya/Oath Keepers MC #3) by Sapphire Knight

Free bird-
He calls me free bird, yet I’m not the one who’s free.
At least not as free as he is.

He’s covered in tattoos, roaring down a Texas highway,
and living life. I sit here, pondering what my life could be.

It was only supposed to be some fun, not like this.

I’m Avery, flustered Barista- looking for a diversion.
I’m not like the others. 
I’m not ready to give-in and accept my fate.

2 Piece-
I didn’t have a clue that the pull would be so strong.
To concede, or relent, to just accept my feelings for her.

She came looking for me, when I had no idea I wanted to be found.

She’s so strong, it’s mesmerizing, but I’m not the only one who notices.
Just when it hits me of what’s right in front of me, waiting,
things turn chaotic.

I’m 2 Piece, a stubborn member of the Oath Keepers MC. You think
you know me because I’m a typical biker?
You don’t have a clue.

Together, this is our story.

Can we relinquish and submit to our hearts?





Overall Rating:  4.25 Rockin’ ★★★★
Freedom to leave.  Freedom to go wherever you want, and whenever you want to.  Freedom without boundaries set by others.  Would you give up your freedom for true love? Yield to your yearning for only one person? In the third book in the Russkaya Mafiya/Oath Keepers MC series, Avery and 2 Piece decide whether to follow their heart or remain alone without each other.  Relinquish by Sapphire Knight, continues the storyline from her previous books with this action-packed contemporary romance.  This is 2 Piece and Avery's journey in finding out that freedom doesn't mean giving up everything you hold sacred. It allows you to grow without restrictions with the person you love and care about.

Sylas aka 2 Piece left California in search of a new life at eighteen.  Leaving his sister behind, he needed a new beginning.  On the side of the road broken down, he meets the Oath Keepers and soon finds his place and a new start.  Avery moved to Tennessee to attend school and obtain her degree in Accounting.  Her best friend, Niko, is a mafia hitman that works for Tate Materson.  When duty calls and Niko is needed in Texas, she begs him for the chance to go with him.  She misses 2 Piece and wants to visit him.  Once there, the connection between 2 Piece and Avery begins to change, from the quick hook-ups they had shared to something both are unsure of.  Neither want children, nor to settle down like all of their friends. So, when the dynamics begin to shift uncertainty arises in their relationship.

This was a fun and entertaining read.  The development of the characters from the previous books and introduction of new ones in this book continues to enhance the storyline and plot.  The reader envisions the turmoil the couple shares with giving up and letting go of their freedom, which is extremely important to them both.  In the end the author delivers an HEA worthy of a happy dance!   I encourage you to read this book to find out exactly how she does it!  Once again, another great addition to my library and the anticipation is high for the next novel this author graces us with.  Cannot wait to see where she will go next.  So many great characters she could choose from.

Buy Links:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this book.. I really enjoyed the first two books!! :)

    ReplyDelete