gc

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Spotlight Author of Week: C.M. Owens


★•**•★Spotlight Author C.M. Owens★•**•★

What does C.M. Owens write? A little bit of everything as long as the central focus is romance.

C.M. Owens is an escapist, and loves to stretch the imagination. Writing is more than a passion - it's a necessity. It's a means of staying sane and happy.

Where do her ideas come from? Usually it's a line in a song that triggers an idea that spawns into a story. Though she came from a family of musicians, she has zero abilities with instruments, she sounds like a strangled cat when she sings, and her dancing is downright embarrassing. Just ask her two children. Her creativity rests solely in the written word. Her family is grateful that she gave up her quest to become a famous singer.

Amazon
Facebook



Hooked on the Game (The Sterling Shore Series #1) is FREE

Everyone has secrets that define them, a past that has shaped them, and a game they play - whether they know it or not. 

Despite the fact they live next door to each other, Kade and Raya have never made an effort to speak, until a wild party, four frat boys, and... a bulldozer. 

Sterling Shore was supposed to be a new start for eighteen-year-old Raya Capperton. Everything was working out perfectly until her two roommates were expelled for a prank, leaving Raya with the house she couldn't afford on her own. Fate intervenes before she has the chance to find a new home, but she struggles to decide if it's divine luck or the devil's cruel sense of humor. 

Twenty-one-year-old Kade Colton has his life planned out, and everything he does is an elaborate game to aid him with his future endeavors. Coming from money has made Kade's life easy, but he wants to build his own name - his own future. The thing he doesn't realize... when you only put forth superficial effort, you only acquire superficial friends. 

Raya is torn between being amused or disturbed by Kade and his philosophy, but the drive behind his determination isn't what Raya expected. Little by little, her hatred fades and is replaced by emotions she never would have believed she could have for the rich jerk she desperately doesn't want to care about. Too bad you can't force yourself not to care. 

The problem is... Kade's shiny name can't be tarnished, and Raya has a jaded tie she can't cut loose. Nothing about them can work, nothing about them makes sense, but nothing can seem to stop them from trying. 

Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00KCE1K2Q


Breaking Even (The Sterling Shore Series #5)

What happens when one neighbor pisses off the other? They end up in a brutal prank war, of course. But neither of them expects what happens when they can’t break even. 

Rye Clanton 
I told myself a long time ago that I wouldn’t—couldn’t—fall in love. I’ve seen what happens, the things they don’t tell you in fairytales. But I never saw Brin Waters coming until she had thoroughly invaded my life. Until her, I never laughed, joked, or even knew how to have a good time. Until her, I just existed. If my secrets weren’t so dark… But they are. 

Brin Waters 
How the hell do you go from hating someone to loving them? I don’t know, but Rye Clanton is good at it. However, he’s a walking contradiction that I can’t figure out, an enigma that has stumped me more times than I can count. But he’s the first person that’s ever made me feel alive—free. How do you give something like that up? Is loving him worth the risk of being destroyed? 

Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00RR6GZ8Q


A Redo (The Sterling Shore Series #6)

Allie Thrash 

Wren Prize is the asshole who got me pregnant seven years ago. And gave me a false name. And walked out of the hotel without a backward glance. Sure, I know I wanted to have sex just as much as he did, but I didn't want to be tossed aside like garbage the second it was done. I also wasn't planning to get pregnant. Now, after seven years of hating the jerk, I'm living in his city, because it's a small world and I found him by accident. Yes, I realize how crazy that must sound, but my luck is just that bad. The problem is, the Wren Prize of today is not the Wren Prize I've envisioned castrating all this time. And I hate that I can't hate him the way he deserves to be hated. In fact, I'm terrified I might just be stupid enough to be falling for him. 

Wren Prize 

A daughter. I have a daughter. And I've missed over six years of her life because I decided to go for the world's biggest jerk award. I'm supposed to be the cool-headed one, the mature one, the one everyone goes to for advice. Yet I'm the one who fucked up the most. Sadly, I don't even remember that night. Too much fun, too much sun, and way too much booze. It's hard to ask for a second chance when you don't even remember the first chance you had. And every time I'm around Allie, even when she's casting me glares that prove she wants me dead, I can't help but wonder what that night was like. Well, what it was like before I ruined her. 





The Curse Trilogy

Destined for one who broke her heart, and in love with one she never thought she could trust. 

Blood defines who a person is and how they're treated in Araya Crush's world. Before she was a powerful hybrid, she was a victim of the vampiric system, one where hybrids are discriminated against and punished for being different, while being groomed to become a weapon if they're among the gifted. It wasn't expected for her to fall in love with a full blood vampire, especially after having her heart smashed by her hybrid counter. Brazen was there to pick up the pieces, and though she hated the full bloods for the torture they put her through, Araya learned Brazen was different. 

Araya distanced herself from Hale, doing her best to never need him or see him again, but fate had other plans. When dark forces arise, the United is forced to gather its best, and she and Hale are among the elite. His love for her hasn't wavered, and he refuses to let her go without a fight. Brazen is just as determined, so Araya becomes the rope in a desperate game of tug of war. 




Blood's Fury (Deadly Beauties #1) 

The deadliest things in life are often the most beautiful... until they strike. 
Alyssa Coldwell decides to put her destiny as an immortal witch to the side, so she can take the chance to live like a normal girl amongst regular humans before she too is part of the fey world. She wants a break from magic and all the dangerous drama that comes with it, but life doesn't always let you do as you please. 
Magic is supposed to be simple - you're either light or dark. But Alyssa is brutally awakened when she learns that life isn't always so simple. There are gray areas, and there is more to being light than simply saying you are. 
But magic isn't her only problem, humans have problems as well. When she meets Kane Ice, she finds herself in a situation she's never been before. She's been sheltered by her overly protective mother, so being with a guy hasn't ever been an easy task. Kane makes it impossible not to try... while she can. Though she knows she'll have to leave him once her body turns immortal, she can't help but fall for him. 
What's the problem with a witch loving a human? So, so many things. Her world is too dangerous, and her attempt to take a break from it fails miserably when her mother is taken captive. With danger always around her, she knows Kane will never be safe. But it's too hard to let him go. 
Kane's not so fragile though, and he refuses to lose the only girl he's ever really cared for. Secrets are a part of Alyssa's life, but she's not the only one with a locked vault full of unspoken truths. When the secrets come out, Alyssa loses all her faith, her will, and her hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment