gc

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Tangled (Tangled #1) by Emma Chase

Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed? 

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating. 

Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life? 

Can Drew Evans win at love? 

Tangled is not your mother’s romance novel. It is an outrageous, passionate, witty narrative about a man who knows a lot about women…just not as much as he thinks he knows. As he tells his story, Drew learns the one thing he never wanted in life, is the only thing he can’t live without.


Overall Rating:   5 Rockin’ ★★

What do you do when you finally meet your match, that one woman that hits all the right buttons?  As any red blooded American male will tell you, you deny it, right! You have the flu, that’s all that is wrong with you. I don’t whine, cry or sulk because of a woman.  When my sister comes by to pull me out of my self-inflected funk, I know that I can’t avoid this any longer.
 
“It finally happened.”  “What happened?”  “What you’ve been wishing on me all these years,” I whisper.  “I fell in love.”
 
I had always said that would never happen to me, so how did it happen and why doesn’t she want me?
 
“Oh-you want to know how?  You want to hear my sob story?  Okay, then.  It all started a few months ago, on a normal Saturday night.  Well, normal for me anyway.
 
That was the beginning of my down fall.  I meet a woman in a bar that hits me right where it hurts…Engaged and not interested.  Can you believe that, I gave her all my best moves and she walked away?  I did find out that she just graduated with her MBA and was starting a new job on Monday.  Little did I know that Monday would be the beginning of the end for me and my wild ways!
 
I feel my mouth open and close, but no words come out.  The shock of seeing her again-here of all places-must have momentarily frozen the part of my brain that controls speech.  As the synapses start to function once more, I hear my father saying, “…Brooks.  Katherine Brooks.  She’s going places, Son, and with your help she’ll be taking us with her.”
 
Yes you got it right, she is the new girl at the office and my father believes she is the best thing that’s happened since sliced bread and I am supposed to work with her.  The problem is she is off limits to me because she is engaged and also works with me and I do not mix pleasure with work.  I know that she really wants me and I want her so what’s a guy to do?
 
“I see something I want, and I go after it.  I’m used to getting what I want.” 
 
I finally convince Kate to give me a chance and we are so explosive together, I feel like I will never get enough of her.  I realize that I really am in love this time and that I want Kate with me.  Only problem is her ex wants her back.  Will she choose me? Or will she choose him?  So what do I do?  I pretend she means nothing to me and that I have someone else.  That’s when I came down with the flu. I couldn’t go to the office and face the possibility that Kate chose someone else.
 
“…You’re not like anyone I’ve ever known.  I want to be with you…really be with you.  Only you.  I’ve never felt this way about anyone…”
 

Hero –Drew Evans: 5 stars
Heroine –Katherine Brooks: 5 stars
Steam: 5 stars 
Plot: 5 stars 
Cliffhanger: Yes

Would I recommend this book: Yes! This is a must read!  I laughed, I cried and then I laughed some more. The way she tells the story from the characters perspective is hilarious.

Would I read other books by this author: Yes! Ms. Chase is an unbelievable author that makes you want to read everything that she writes.


No comments:

Post a Comment