gc

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Review: Elias (West Bend Saints #1) by Sabrina Paige

River Andrews

Call me Cinderella. I'm a rags to riches story - girl from trailer park becomes Hollywood starlet. And I'm about to get my happy ever after.

That is, until I walk in to my house, three hours before my wedding, to find my rock star fiance sticking his c**k down my sister's throat.

With cameras behind me, filming.

I'm running from the whole humiliating thing. I'm not prepared to run straight into him- Elias Saint.

He's completely wrong for me- damaged, dirty, and demanding.

But once he touches me, I can't walk away.

Elias Saint

Some people carry their wounds on the inside. Every f**cking step I take, I'm reminded of mine.

I lost my leg in Afghanistan. Since then, I've just been lost.

Now I'm going back to West Bend, Colorado, the place my brothers and I ran like hell to get away from.

And she's hitched a ride- River Andrews.

A f**cking movie star.

This isn't a fairytale. Happy endings don't exist. And I'm no f**ing Prince Charming.

But, for her, there's a chance I might be. 


Overall Rating:  4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆

Elias is the first book in Sabrina Page's West Bend Saints series.  This book will take you on a beautiful journey of finding oneself, passion and love.  The characters are skillfully shaped in a way that makes you feel connected to them and a part of the story.  

River Andrews is a shiny star in Hollywood.  With her own rags to riches story, she has worked very hard to make it in the industry.  However, when her life starts to crumble around her, she runs from it all to hide from everyone.  Never in her wildest dreams did she think in the process she would meet the man of her dreams, a man who lights her up from the inside out and makes her question her career choices and gives her the possibilities of hope.

Elias Saint has been honorably discharged from the military, due to an accident in his EOD-Explosive Ordinance Disposal unit that left him injured.  Coming back home to the place he ran from five years ago is not his idea of what his life was supposed to be.  However, a chance meeting with a beautiful girl makes him change his whole perspective on his life.

Will River and Elias come together and never let go?  Can River finally cut all ties to the industry and live her life happily?  Will Elias finally trust River with his heart?  You must read this book to find out!  You will not be disappointed with this beautifully written story.

From the military undertones intertwined with Hollywood's nostalgia, this book has it all.  It is a fantastic story of love, trust and coming home. This author enables the reader to feel with the way she writes her stories.  I look forward to hearing more about the Saint brothers and the other characters in her next book.  What an explosive read, Sabrina!

Hero -  4.5 stars
Heroine - 4.5 stars
Steam Level: 4.5 stars
Plot: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No

Would I recommend this book: Yes!  If you want to read a feel good story with lots of passion, this is the story for you.  It will take you on a journey of coming home and true love.

Would I read other books by this author: Yes!  This is the first book that I have read from this author.  With that being said, Sabrina in now on my radar.  She has a wonderful gift of the pen and I look forward to reading more from her.


No comments:

Post a Comment