gc

Friday, November 27, 2015

Review of Born Savages by Cora Brent


BORN SAVAGES

"Somewhere in all our buried history lies the truth."

Once the Savages were national darlings, undisputed Hollywood royalty.
But that was a long time ago.
Now we are penniless, scattered and ruined, nothing but a cautionary tale and tabloid fodder.
We’ve been offered a chance, an opportunity to redeem ourselves. All we have to do is open the door and let the cameras in.
This show embodies everything that I’ve ever tried to escape from. It will lay us bare. Yet I can’t say no to family.
And there’s another complication.
Oscar Savage.
He’s not my blood. He’s more. He is forever intertwined with my soul.
No one knows why he disappeared years ago.
But I do.
I just don't know why he's back.
 





Overall Rating:  4.25 Rockin’ ★★★★

A family raised by a psychotic mother and a father that does not seem to be part of the world he lives in, then mix together five siblings that are as different as night and day and you will begin to understand the unique situation that Cora Brent, author extraordinary has created in her latest book, Born Savages.  Ms. Brent has woven a web of sensual tension, mystery and true love into an unforgettable tale. This story tracks the rise and fall of the Hollywood royalty, the Savages.

When everything your family says or does is instant fodder for the tabloid sharks, you learn early to fade into the background.  I learned early on to avoid my crazy, publicity seeking mother.  When she gave up on me earning her way back into Hollywood’s elite, I could finally breathe.  But all she did was turn her eyes on to my two younger sisters and destroy their lives.  Finally, I have found a sense of peace and anonymity, only to have it once more snatched away. The powers that be want to drag my family into the limelight once again and do a ‘Born Savages’ reality show.  How can I say no, when my family needs the money?  Everything was bearable until he walked back into my life!

I should never have agreed to return, but I needed to face her!  I needed to face the woman that had thrown me aside for her psychotic family.  The girl that was now a woman that still haunted my dreams!  It should be easy to face her, but instead of finding release I found need.  Is it possible to move past the betrayal, deceit and lies to find a future?  

This is Oz and Ren’s story of love lost and a second chance at happiness.  It is a must read as once again author Cora Brent weaves an unforgettable story of true love overcoming all obstacles. Born Savages is filled with drama, sizzling sexual encounters and angst filled situations that will keep you reading until the last page. 

Buy Links:  Amazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment