gc

Monday, March 17, 2014

Meant for Me (Second Chances #3) by L.P. Dover


After a night of raw passion with the man Claire O’Briene had been secretly admiring for years, she thought their time together had come once and for all. Fate had finally brought them back to each other, but unfortunately nothing had changed. He was still the same man who ran away from relationships. Against his better judgment, Mason Bradley gave in to the temptation and allowed himself one night with the one woman he’d been too afraid to want … too afraid to need. 

Six months after leaving Claire and regretting every minute of it, Mason gets called in for an undercover mission that’s not only dangerous, but brings back a past he spent years trying to forget. A past of fighting … of getting in the ring and using his fists to get what he wanted: money, women, and drugs. Now there are fighters turning up dead, and it’s Mason’s job to find out the truth. 

Knowing he might not come out of the mission alive, Mason seeks out Claire to tell her how he truly feels, only to find another man competing for her love as well. Fighting is what he’s good at, and for once he will be fighting not only for justice … but for love.

**ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley for honest review **

"The only thing about loving hard is falling hard when you lose it."

This was the first book I have read from L.P. Dover and I really enjoyed the story.  It has the elements of intense danger and passionate romance woven into the plot.  Mason and Claire’s relationship began after spending one night together.  Mason leaves Claire without hope that there is a future for them.  After four months, he returns to find her in a relationship and decides she is the one for him.  

“I didn’t realize how empty my life had been until you slammed the door on my heart. Right then and there I knew I screwed up whatever chance I had to get you back, but I also knew something else... You were meant for me and I was meant for you. If it’s a fight you want, it’s a fight you’re going to get. I will win you back.”

From there the danger begins as Mason is going undercover to find a murderer in Las Vegas and Claire follows him.  This book is full of hot steamy scenes and twists and turns that will have you on the edge wanting to know what’s happening next.  In the end, the author delivers a happily ever after for the couple that leaves you feeling satisfied and content.  

“The thing I look forward to the most is coming home to you every day and being able to look into your eyes and tell you that I love you. I’m going to tell you that every single day for the rest of my life.”

Overall Rating:  3.5 Rockin’ Stars

Hero:  3.5 stars
Heroine:  3 stars
Steam level: 3.5
Plot: 3.5 stars 
Cliffhanger: No

Would I recommend this book:  Yes!
Would I read other books by this author: Yes!

Available on Amazon




No comments:

Post a Comment