gc

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Review of Asunder (Iron Bulls MC #1) by Phoenyx Slaughter

Iron Bulls MC #1 
Karina: 
For most of my life I thought Logan and I were meant to be together. We grew up next door to each other. Neither of us had happy homes, but together we found a sort of peace. He was only three years older than me, but when you’re a child, that’s a lot. I looked up to him. Loved him with everything I had. 

He kept me safe. Protected me. 
Eventually I gave him everything. My heart, my love, my virginity. 
He disappeared without a word. 
When I finally found him, he said I couldn’t be part of his life anymore. 
He broke my heart. 

Then I met Dante, and the perfect plan to get even with Logan began to form in my mind. 
Dante is older, dark, dangerous, and the Sargent-at-Arms of the Iron Bulls MC. 
The same MC Logan joined when he left me. 

Dante: 
Karina Rivers was supposed to be a one-time afternoon distraction. I'm way too old and twisted for someone as innocent as her. 
I want her anyway. 
She doesn't realize she has the power to tear this MC apart. 

Strong language and adult situations. 
Novella length. 
Book #1 of a new series.


Overall Rating:  3.5 Rockin’ ★★★
Asunder is the first book in author Phoenyx Slaughter’s, Iron Bulls MC series and is also her debut novel.  It has a cliffhanger that will leave you on the edge of a gigantic precipice wondering why I didn't wait until the next book was published before reading the first one! With that said the story is intriguing and as you can tell from my angst is worth reading.

Dante is the Sergeant at Arms for the Iron Bulls MC.  He enforces the laws for the club with his fists.  No pain no gain is his motto.  He has never wanted or needed a woman of his own.  His lifestyle doesn't allow it.  When he bumps into Katrina it is only supposed to be a one and done deal.  Enjoy her and then on to the next one, but there is something special about this girl, his baby girl.  Katrina only wanted to get revenge on her ex-, Logan who had joined the club.  She wanted to make him jealous, but when she gets to know Dante, she completely forgets all about Logan and only wants to be with Dante.  There are some hot, sexy scenes that will leave you panting!  The chemistry between Dante and Katrina is smolderingly hot.  As unexperienced as Katrina is compared to the older Dante, you can only imagine what he can teach his woman.

Throughout the novella, Logan continues to try to come between them and at the end succeeds, but we are left wondering why? Why does he care? What is Katrina to him? What will happen next?  We will have to read the next book to see.

Purchase Link: Amazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment