gc

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Review of Under the Influence by L.B. Simmons


Dalton,

I loved you once. A love I thought irrevocable. A love I mistakenly believed could transcend both time and circumstance. Under the influence of my dimwitted, naïve, traitorous heart, I became intoxicated with what I now know was simply a figment of my self-indulgent imagination. So drunk on the feeling, I couldn’t see what was right in front of my face. So foolishly enamored, I blindly followed my heart into the depths of an emotion that would ravage me. 

Years later, I know now what I wish I knew then. I am stronger. Smarter. Tougher. I will not allow myself to be broken again. 

I loved you.

I raged for you.

I wept for you.

And now, I’m letting you go.

*Author’s Note: Under the Influence is the journey of two childhood friends that spans the course of five pivotal years in their lives. It is a story about their discovery of true friendship as it blossoms into first love, their experience of crucial sacrifice and ultimate betrayal, and their endurance of agonizing heartbreak on the way to finding lasting redemption.*




Overall Rating: 5 Rockin’ ★★★★

Have you ever met someone and known that that person was your destiny?  In L.B. Simmons newest novel, Under the Influence, this beautifully written read is full of passion, love, and destiny all with an underlying truth about abuse.  With masterfully created characters, the reader is drawn in from the beginning and held captive to end. Once again, L.B. has stepped up to the plate and delivered a high flying masterpiece.

From the start of his life, Dalton Greer has struggled to stay afloat.   Abused and forgotten, Dalton is drawn at a very young age into a life of crime. He was controlled by a monster that burrowed his talons deep into Dalton’s soul with no way of getting out.  With that insidious hold, he can't have the one person that has always been in his heart, a part of his soul, Spencer Locke.  However, because of what he has become he must protect her from the evil that surrounds him with his last breathe.  He will keep her safe and deny his need to claim her.

When she met Dalton Greer one night, many years ago, Spencer Locke formed a crush. From that first moment, Spencer felt Dalton was her destiny, her HEA.  But the one thing standing in the way of that is Dalton himself.  Spencer has patiently waited and will wait forever for the one person her heart beats for, Dalton.

It's really amazing how life tends to hurt us all one way or another, while at the same time, life can give us unbelievable joy, happiness and love.  L.B. Simmons brings to light in her books such tragedy and horrible circumstances that will tug at your heart strings in the most vulnerable way.  I am such a huge fan of her work!  This book shows nothing less than the excellent author that L.B. Simmons is.  I faithfully await your next book! 
Under the Influence is a great addition to any library.  Definitely a 5 star read!  

 Buy Links:  Amazon US/Barnes and Noble


No comments:

Post a Comment