gc

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Review of Rewriting Destiny: Prequel to the Forsaken Sinners MC Series

When life gives you lemons, it’s time for shots of tequila. That’s my new saying in life, and trust me, life handed me lots of lemons. 

For eighteen years I took those lemons that life and “destiny” threw at me and made lemonade, but I’m no longer a naive girl. I was forced to grow up too fast and the one person I depended on turned his back on me. So now I say screw the lemonade and just give me a bottle of tequila, because I don’t believe in destiny anymore. 

There is no pre-designed path set out for each of us. Sometimes bad things happen, it’s just a part of life. It sucks, but you have to pick yourself up and get on with your life. I’m done just sitting around and waiting for my life to change or something good to just fall in my lap. It took me awhile to understand, but once I was done being the doormat to destiny, it was time for me to take control. I would decide where I would go in life and what would happen. It wouldn't always be pretty, it would sometimes hurt like hell, but I would make sure I lived my life to the fullest. 

It time to rewrite destiny.


Overall Rating:  4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆
Rewriting Destiny is Shelly Morgan's, Prequel to her Forsaken Sinners MC series and is also her debut novel.  This author has brilliantly written a heart-wrenching story about young love emerging from the ashes as life throws tragedy after tragedy at them.   Zane and Danielle's triumph over the trauma they endured in their traumatic young lives is nothing short of beautiful.  Their journey isn't rainbows and lollipops, but loss and heartache and making the best of what life gives you.

The story is told mostly from Danielle's point of view and halfway through the book you are given insight into Zane's.  I cannot express how many emotions this book evoked from me.  The adolescent years were prevalent in setting the tone for this story.  The three musketeers, Zeke, Zane and Danielle were inseparable and shared the others burdens and happiness.  Zeke and Zane's family moved in next door to Danielle's when she was thirteen.  They were her best friends.

Zane was the all-American football players throughout high school.  He felt deeply about Danielle but she was younger and he wanted her to enjoy her time. Danielle realizes at a young age, she would always love Zane and that he would never reciprocate those feelings or at least that’s what she thought.  When another loss occurs, Zane returns from college to help his baby girl recover.  He talks her into going to school at the University of Texas with him.  She once again lets her guard down and makes plans to be with her best friend.  When the unthinkable happens, she is left alone once again and she learns to depend on herself.  This is when you see the emergence of the new, angry, vengeful, Dani.  Four years later she has become the Princess to the Forsaken Sinners MC.  They are her brothers and the President has all but adopted her as his daughter.  He has taught her a trade, tattooing, and she is good at it.  Everything in her life is within her control until Blaze walks through her parlor.  Once again, everything is turned upside down in her life.

The entire time, I continually asked myself how this book was going to evolve into an MC romance and them bam! It did.  The brothers are protective and loyal.  Toby and Louie are Dani's best friends.  This books has drama, angst, love, romance, and a happily MC ending for our hero and heroine.  It is fast paced and you are not left hanging at the end. This author is now on my author radar.   Once again, another excellent addition to my library!  I cannot wait for the next installment in this series.

Purchase Link: Amazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment