gc

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Spotlight Author of the Week: Shayne McClendon



Shayne McClendon is an indie author who has received rave reviews for her premiere novel “The Barter System.”  Other projects recently released are “Yes to Everything,” “Love of the Game – The Complete Collection,” “Completely Wrecked,” “The Hermit,” and “Hudson” – the second book set in “The Barter System” world.

Writer, mom, and hermit…Shayne listens to the voices in her head because their ideas are awesome. Those around her have learned not to question the crazy. Coffee consumption is too high, amount of sleep is too low, but the words always feel just right.
She currently lives in Oklahoma wrangling teenagers, opening doors for her pets, and running her health content writing company. She dreams of peace, quiet, travel, and always having a viable internet connection.

Shayne loves to hear from her fans and there are lots of ways to follow her!  Contact Shayne by email at shayne@alwaysthegoodgirl.com or follow her on her Facebook fan pages Author Shayne McClendon and Always the Good Girl.  She’s also on TwitterTumblr, and LinkedIn!
Shayne McClendon’s work is available at Amazon. Print editions of her work are available on Amazon or through her website (if you’d like signed copies).

- See more at: http://alwaysthegoodgirl.com/about-shayne/#sthash.ML4n2PZF.dpuf


Research might be work…but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it.

Riya O’Connell goes straight to the source for her dissertation on male sexuality. She sets out on a journey that will take her all over the country…and deep into her own desires.

*Thirteen thousand applications.
*Eight chosen men.
*One woman’s heart.

They provide information and ensure she reaches her next destination safely. In return, Riya gives them what they want – and helps them discover what they didn’t realize they need.

*Meet the subjects.
*Push your inhibitions.
*Experience the passion.

Sean (37) Internet Entrepreneur – Florida
Victor (31) Fisherman – Georgia
Joshua (22) College Student – Texas
Lucas (42) Rancher – Montana
Ricardo (32) Police Officer – California
Bobby (27) Musician – Massachusetts
Micah & Max (34) Financiers – New York

Purchase Link: Amazon US

Excerpt from “The Barter System” by Shayne McClendon

SEAN – SUBJECT ONE

“The sex drive in men is universally considered more pronounced than it is in women. I want to understand where that stereotype comes from and in what way emotions affect the sexual habits of the typical male. The general opinion is that men can’t bear to go without sex while the majority of women need an emotional component involved so they can go forever without sexual contact.”

One eyebrow arched. “You already used yourself as a subject, didn’t you?” She closed her eyes and nodded. “How long did you submit to self-enforced celibacy?”

Opening her eyes, she whispered, “Far too long.”

“It was harder than you thought it would be?”

“I don’t know why. Where most women probably would have been fine, I suffered. My last sexual relationship was almost three years ago. It wasn’t much to speak of anyway but total abstinence hurt.”

“Why would you do that to yourself?”

“At first, it wasn’t intentional. I broke up with my college boyfriend and decided to take a break from men. To him, I’d been an inconvenience.”

Sean snorted loudly. “Obviously, an asshole.”


“A PhD candidate for astrophysics and uninterested in more than the occasional release of pressure. As his girlfriend, I was good for that.”

Plating the omelet and removing the other from the oven, Sean shook his head. “Any straight male who finds sex with you inconvenient, or is satisfied with occasional is most definitely an asshole.”

She grinned. “That makes me feel awesome. Thanks.”

“Oh, anytime. Tell me more.”

“After six months, I went through serious withdrawals and considered a casual hookup. That isn’t who I am at all.”

“Anyone who talks to you for a few minutes could figure that out.”

Riya stared at him across the bar and told him, “You’re good for my sense of self, Sean.”

He laughed. “Sweetheart, you shouldn’t have any issues with your sense of self. Focus and finish your story.”

“I had the idea to use my single, sexless state as part of my dissertation and that made the situation worse. Once I deliberately denied myself sex, it was all I thought about but somehow, I did it. I had chances and I let them pass.”

Sean tilted his head. “No way you went without getting off for three years.”

She laughed hard. “Um, no, not exactly. I bought every toy and DVD sold online. For a little while, I developed something of an addiction but I got through that part, too.” Winking, she added, “I admit, I was scared I’d forgotten what to do.”

© Shayne McClendon



No comments:

Post a Comment