gc

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren


A bombshell bookworm. A chronic Casanova. And a lesson in chemistry too scandalous for school.

When Hanna Bergstrom receives a lecture from her overprotective brother about neglecting her social life and burying herself in grad school, she’s determined to tackle his implied assignment: get out, make friends, start dating. And who better to turn her into the sultry siren every man wants than her brother’s gorgeous best friend, Will Sumner, venture capitalist and unapologetic playboy?

Will takes risks for a living, but he’s skeptical about this challenge of Hanna’s…until the wild night his innocently seductive pupil tempts him into bed- and teaches him a thing or two about being with a woman he can’t forget. Now that Hanna’s discovered the power of her own sex appeal, it’s up to Will to prove he’s the only man she’ll ever need.

Overall rating: 5 Rockin’ Stars!

When you are so absorbed in your studies and research that there isn't any time for a personal life it’s time for family intervention. In steps dad and big brother with the suggestion that “Ziggy” contact Will, her brother's best friend.

Do you ever feel like the people who mean the most aren't the people you see the most? Lately I just feel like I’m not putting my heart where it matters.

Who would have ever thought that “Ziggy” could have changed so much!  She is all grown up in all the right places and ready to learn how to interact with the male species.  Will agrees to help teach Ziggy how to get out into the dating scene. The only problem is his reaction to his new student.

“I like it when you ask me to come!” he called after me. “I can’t wait to come tonight, Ziggy! Should I come around eight? Or do you want me to come around ten? Maybe I’ll come both times?”

When you’re younger you want the boy who knows how to play the game but when you’re older you want the man who knows when it’s not a game anymore.

Ziggy has always had a crush on Will.  She knows he is a player and has life planned and scheduled down to different girls on different days of the week.  Can she compete?

That look, that tenderness in her eyes, made me realize for the first time what was happening to me: I was falling in love.

Will has always thought of Ziggy as a little sister but now he realizes that she is important to him.  Has he lost her by not being honest about his feelings for her?

“Sensuality often hastens the growth of love so much that the roots remain weak and are easily torn up,” she quoted.  “In the end one loves one’s desire and not what is desired.” She tilted her head, running her hand through my hair. “Do you think that one is true?”

Hero – Will Sumner: 5 stars
Heroine – Hanna “Ziggy” Bergstrom: 5 stars
Steam Level: 5 stars 
Plot: 5 stars 
Cliffhanger: Yes
Would I recommend this book: Yes! This story grabs your attention from the start and doesn't let you go until the last word.
Would I read other books by this author: Yes, these authors know how to tell a story and make it impossible to put their books down. You want more!

Buy Book on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment