gc

Monday, August 11, 2014

~Release Day: Drops of Rain by Kathryn Andrews~


Blurb:
Ali Rain
Sometimes I think to myself, “How did I get here?”  Then the pain hits and I remember…it’s because she’s gone.  I now live in a new town, go to a new school, and I’m supposed to be moving on with my new life.  Only, I no longer know who I am anymore.  Dancing is all I have left and every day I feel completely alone.  Silence has become the theme song to my life.  She said to find some joy and light, but I don’t know how.  Mostly, I feel surrounded in darkness…that is until I meet him.

Drew Hale
I have only one goal, in 298 days I’m going to drive away from this small beach town and never return.  People are always watching me closely, too close, and I’m tired of wearing a mask. I need to be free.  Swimming is my ticket out of here and I remind myself daily to fly under the radar, stick to my routine, and under no circumstances let anything distract me.  I’m not as perfect as they think, most days I am drowning in guilt.  I’m not sure I will ever be able to escape the feelings of shame, worthlessness, and just being unwanted…that is until I meet her.

Buy Links:
http://www.amazon.com/Drops-Rain-Hale-Brothers-Book-ebook/dp/B00MKK5AGM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1407725215&sr=1-1&keywords=drops+of+rain
Author Links: 
http://kandrewsauthor.com/





TSRBR's Review

Ali lost her mother to cancer, her home, her friends and the most unexpected loss is her father’s emotional desertion.  She finds herself abandoned in a new town, new school and no father.  Her father’s battle with grief over the loss of his wife causes him to withdraw into his work and that leaves Ali by herself the majority of the time.  She has no one and feels completely alone until one day as she is doing her daily run on the beach she meets someone that steals her heart while making her feel safe and protected.  This is the first time that Ali has safe since her mother’s death.  He affects her in ways that she has no experience with and when he walks away from their chance encounter, he takes part of her with him.
 
Like has not been easy for the Hale brothers and their mother.  Sure they are rich, famous and popular but the abusive relationship that they live daily with is hidden behind a mask of indifference.  Drew cannot allow anyone inside the walls that he has erected to protect himself from his father’s abuse.  He has to be strong and take care of his mother and two younger brothers.  When Drew meets Ali by chance on the beach the day before he starts his senior year it changes something within his soul.  There is a connection between them that will not be denied.  Both are broken and battered by life and only their dreams keep them from giving in and giving up.  Circumstances will cause them to trust each other with their secrets and possible help healing to start. This is a must read for true romantics that want to experience the journey that leads to true love. 
 
Overall rating: 4 Rockin’ Stars!
Hero –Drew Hale: 4 stars
Heroine –Ali Rain: 4 stars
Steam: 4 stars 
Plot: 4 stars 
Cliffhanger: No

Would I recommend this book: Yes! As I read this book my senses came alive with the different emotions pouring from each page.  Love, loyalty, forgiveness, and acceptance are all part of the emotional journey that the main characters take together.  It is a beautifully written story of the struggles that we all face in life!

Would I read other books by this author: Yes! I look forward to reading the next book in this series. 




Excerpt:
“All right, let’s get started. Most of the time if someone is to ask you to describe yourself you would say that you’re a dancer, correct?”
I nod my head.
“Well, we want you to describe who you are, but leave the dancing out.”
I look at each of the eight faculty members and feel my heart rate pick up. They don’t waste any time trying to get to the core of me and of all the questions they could have asked, I don’t know how to best answer this question.
“If I remove the dancing element of my life, I don’t know who I am. I think that this is an evolving question because life changes so much, and so often that these changes can have an impact on who you are or who you think you are.  If you had asked me this question one year ago, my answer would definitely be different than what it will be one year from now. Who am I today? I’m girl who is trying to follow her dreams.” This must not have been the kind of answer they’re looking for because each of them just stare at me. I straighten my back, pull down my shoulders, and smile while looking at each of them eye to eye.
“Perhaps you could elaborate on this a little bit more for us. What changes have taken place in your life to make you feel like you don’t know who you are?”
“My mother died.” All eight of them put their pens down and look up at me.
“When?”
“Two hundred and three days ago. August second.”

No comments:

Post a Comment