gc

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

His Secrets (Inside Out #3.1) by Lisa Renee Jones


An Inside Out story, Chris's POV

In a world where my only escape has been my art, Sara has been the light in my darkness. And there is darkness, the kind of inky black that can bleed from my life to hers.
She doesn't see it. She doesn't understand what I've shown her. And my biggest fear is that soon...she will.

"You're beautiful Sara, and you're mine." "You're beautiful, Chris, and you're mine". 

"Chris," she whispers. "You...you make me feel...I don't even have words."

"There are two kinds of pain, Sara. Pain meant to create pleasure, and pain meant to be just pain. You will never know that kind with me. Never."

"No in-between, baby." I'm all in with Sara - and we're about to find out where that leads us. 

I found myself thinking how easily something like this could happen to anyone, even me. The novella has a mixture of severe sadness, laced with passion. This author knows how to take you to the edge swinging and then bring you back on top with a happy ending. Chris is definitely a mixed up guy with a bondage past, but at the same time has found his one true love that completes him. He battles with it just like before. Sara has a sweet intoxicating beauty of life and love. Even through all of the hurt and despair that she has endured, she still manages to live! That's what life is all about. This book leaves me wanting more... ght

Overall rating: 4 Rockin’ Stars!
Hero - Chris: 4 stars
Heroine - Sara: 4.5 stars
Steam Level: 4 stars 
Plot: 4 stars 
Cliffhanger: Yes
Would I recommend this book: Yes!
Would I read other books by this author: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment