gc

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Deviant (Blood & Roses) by: Callie Hart

Sloane
I'm not proud of the things I've done.
The things I've had to do.
The things I've given away.
but I'd give it all over again to find her.

Even if i die trying, 
I have to find Alexis.

Zeth
She wants me to help her,
But I won't.
She wants me to save her sister, 
But I can't. 
She wants me to be her hero, 
But I'm not a good man.

I am her damnation.

Overall rating: 5 Rockin’ Stars!

A criminal with deviant taste in relationships and a doctor that has been raised within a family of faith, what could they have in common?  Her sister has been kidnapped and she needs to find her and he may have the answers she is looking for!  All it will cost is one night!

The only difference about it, the thing that will define it from all others in my memory for as long as I live, is that I’m here for a very specific reason: to have sex with a total stranger. And I’m doing it to find my baby sister.

After a night of deviant sexual pleasure Sloane will never be the same.  Answers were promised by Eli, the man that had arranged her night with the mystery man.  Only Eli is dead and all traces of his information on her sister have disappeared.

“This is my world.  It’s a world where people get shanked and shot on a regular basis.  It’s dark.  It’s scary. People die.  If your sister has been sucked into this world, do you think she’s survived it?”

Two years have passed since that night and Zeth has not been able to erase Sloane from his mind.  He has avoided her until a need for medical assistance forces him into a situation where he comes face to face with his past.  Sloane recognizes him as her mystery man and confronts him with her questions.

“A conscience will get you killed in my line of work, Sloane.  And doing the right thing often has the same effect.”

Zeth has been looking for Sloane’s sister Lexie for two years and he finally has a lead.  This will involve careful planning if they are both to survive. He has staked a claim and Sloane belongs to him.

“Until I get shot and it sticks.  Until you pack up all your shit and run from me.  But let me just say this, Sloane…Don’t bother running.  I’ll only have to come find you.  Stay here and be with me. I’ll make it worth your while.”

Hero – Zeth: 5 stars
Heroine – Sloane: 5 stars
Steam Level: 5 stars 
Plot: 5 stars 
Cliffhanger: Yes

Would I recommend this book: Yes!
Would I read other books by this author: Yes, for those that are looking for something different and unexpected!

Amazon
B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment