gc

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Book Recommendation & Review of The Rocker That Holds Me (The Rocker #1) by Terri Anne Browning

Touring with four rockers is the thing of dreams…

At least that is what people tell me. To me those four rockers are my family. They have watched over me from the time I was five years old. Protecting me from my mother and her drunken, drug addict rages. When they made it big they still watched over me. And when my monster of a mother died they took over as my guardians.

In the six years since that happened I have watched over the four men that mean everything to me. I take care of them just as they once took care of me. I handle all the dirty work behind the scenes of a rockers life. It isn’t always pretty. At times it came be damn near disgusting, especially when I have to get rid of their one night stands. Ugh!

Taking care of them doesn’t bother me though. I mean it’s not like I’m in love with one of them. That would be crazy. Falling for a rocker is NOT smart. 

Okay, so I’m not smart. I love my guys, and one of them kind of holds my heart in his big old rocker hand. But I’m dealing. I’ve been able to keep it my little secret for years now. 
I’m not, however, dealing with this bug that I seem to have caught. It scares the hell out of me. I hate doctors, but I’m suddenly more worried about finding out what is wrong with me than what the doctor might do to me. 

When I get my test results back my life will never be the same again…


Overall Rating:  4 Rockin’ ★★★★
This series, by author Terri Anne Browning is one of my favorite rock star romance reads.  In this beginning novella, The Rocker That Holds Me, Ms. Browning once again produces an unforgettable story.  This is Emmie and Nik's journey that is full of acceptance, family, love and forgiveness.  I bought this book when it first came out a few years ago and instantly fell in love with the Demon Wings: Nik, Jesse, Drake and Shane.  Terri Anne created for us the perfect alpha males to fall in love with.  Each one carries his own burden of a dark secretive past from their trailer park beginnings.  The Demon wings will break your heart and have you hoping they find their own HEA.

The guys have always tried to shelter and protect their charge, Ember "Em" Jameson, from her brutally abusive and drug-using mother.  When they leave to begin their successful band, Em is left behind.  They try to help from a distance and when that doesn't work any longer they bring her on tour with them claiming her as their "little sister".  Each one plays a role in her life.  Jesse is a father figure to her while Nik makes her heart go pitter patter.  As she grows and matures it becomes evident to Nik that he can no longer fight his attraction for her, but he isn't sure how to proceed.  There is a delicate balance in the "family" and he doesn't want to rock the boat.  When an incident occurs and Em is rushed to the hospital a secret that could tear them apart is revealed and the group may never be the same again.

This book was only the beginning of a must read series for me.  Emmie is the tough-as-nails manager looking for love and security from Nik the womanizing-overbearing-lead-singer that is ready to claim his woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment