gc

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Review of Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre


Cole Masten. Abandoned by his superstar wife, Hollywood’s Perfect Husband is now Hollywood’s Sexiest Bachelor: partying hard and screwing even harder. Watch out Los Angeles, there's a new bad boy in town. 

Summer Jenkins. That’s me, a small town girl stuck in Quincy, Georgia. I cook some mean chicken and dumplins, can bluff a grown man out of his savings in poker, and was voted Most Friendly my senior year. 

We were from different worlds. Our lives shouldn’t have collided. But then Cole Masten read a book about my small town. And six months later, his jet landed on our dusty airstrip, and he brought Hollywood with him. 

From the start, I knew he was trouble. For our town. And for me. 

Sometimes, opposites just aren’t meant to attract.

Stand-alone Contemporary Romance. 




Overall Rating:  4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆

Sometimes you need to stop and smell the roses. I heard this quote so many times growing up and as I read this novel, I realized how long it's been since I actually took that advice. During my literary voyage reading the fabulously written novel Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre, I did just that! Hollywood charm meets Southern grit and that combination had me in stitches at times, while I thoroughly enjoyed the plot as it unfolded. This is Carson and Summer's happily ever after and their journey to discover their true inner selves.  It is something you do not want to miss!

Carson is Hollywood's golden boy. The perfect actor, perfect husband, perfect male specimen until he returns home one evening early to catch his wife with another man! His world is rocked and shifts to an ugly fight over property and his newest venture a movie he is producing and starring in.  Summer is southern to the core. She grew up in the little town of Quincy, where Sunday church attendance is required and everyone knows everyone else's business. Her southern drawl is as feisty as her temper and manners of course are mandatory!  When the two collide, sparks ignite and a love/hate relationship blossoms. But being a gentle bred lady, Summer reigns in her temper and tries to maintain an aloof persona towards the handsome entitled actor. 

I must say Ms. Torres has written a magnificent book from start to finish. The elements that she inserts remind me of growing up in the south and I can relate so well to the characters. The interaction between the main characters keeps you involved and the secondary are perfectly woven to fit flawlessly into the story. Bennington was the scout looking for places to film and when he meets Summer a true friendship begins. She helps him gain access to the families that he is looking to use their properties as location spots and in return he helps fund her way to get out of Quincy. The rooster is one of my favorite things in the story, loved Cocky and all he brought to the read. Such a welcome addition to my library and I cannot stress enough how you need to buy this book! 

 Buy Links:  Amazon US/Barnes and Noble


No comments:

Post a Comment