gc

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Review of Kept: A Second Chance Fairy Tale by A.C. Bextor

Michael

She’s a pain in my ass.
She’s everything I know I don’t want or need.
She’s the reason I’ve fought the darkness for so long.
And yet, she has no idea who I am.

I had no right to Lucy. She was never mine to have. My interest in her should’ve remained no more than an undisclosed business arrangement.

The day she forced her way into my life, everything I worked so hard to secure began to unravel. From that moment forward, my life has been a mixture of chaos and excitement.

Lucy awoke the beast I’ve struggled to live with. Now it’s up to her to ensure the threat of its ghost no longer holds the power to ruin me.


Lucy

He hates me.
He’s guarded and locked down tight.
He’s a brute.
Yet, he opened my eyes to a future I was certain didn’t exist.

My life was ordinary. As a single mother living only to make ends meet, I stopped wishing for more. My hopes and dreams in finding Prince Charming ceased to exist. Life forced my priorities to change.

Then I walked into Michael Holden’s office and saw pain not so unlike mine reflecting through his icy gaze. He incited feelings I believed to have long since died.

Michael awoke the spring of hope I thought I’d finally set free. Now it’s up to him to show me fairy tales really can come true, if you believe.

Due to content, this book should not be read by those under the age of 18.
 





Overall Rating:  4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆

Sitting on the edge of your seat, secretly wondering what will happen next, while letting the romantic side of you play out the ending of the story is the type of book A.C. Bextor has created in her newest book Kept:  A Second Chance Fairy Tale.  While reading I kept wondering if there would be a happily ever after for Lucy and Michael.

Michael is a head strong big shot attorney who won’t let anyone get close to him after a life changing event that closed off his heart to anything good in life or love.  Michael is just living each day in a shell of a man he once was but will never be again.

Lucy is a doting single mother trying to put her young son ahead of everything in life, including love.  Her once happy marriage was torn from her heart and Lucy now believes there is no such thing as happily ever after.  Not like the Disney movies she loved to watch since she was a young girl. 

Never knowing if fate is going to twist its gnarly hands of despair and heartache or weave its intricate web of passion and love we find Lucy and Michael meeting one another.  Some believe the road to happiness is never an easy road to travel.  Pack your bags then....you're in for a real treat or a bumpy road. 

I enjoyed reading this book from beginning to the end.  The emotions of Lucy and Michael either break your heart or help you to believe in the power of love again.  Take a moment and read their story.  You will be glad you did!  This is a wonderful addition to my library!  

~Martha
TSRBR Reviewer

Buy Links:  Amazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment