gc

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Review of Corrupted (Russkaya Mafiya Book 4) by Sapphire Knight


Viktor- 
I was bred for this. For Mafiya. 
Instead, I relinquished my crown to my younger brother. 
I’m the dirty side of the Mafiya. 
I clean up the messes. The bodies. The problems. 
Here in America, I’m the Russian King. 
I never expected to want my mark. To crave her, to need her. 
One thing about being the leader of the Bratva, I always get what I want. 
I’m corrupted, I never promised to play fair. 

Elaina- 
Unwanted and unloved. 
I lay in that hospital bed, broken. 
One bad decision and I almost killed someone, 
myself included. 
The dark shadow coming to finish the job, 
turns out to be my bright light. 
I try to hold back, fighting temptation. 
Who would want someone so damaged? 
He doesn’t know it, but I’m good at keeping secrets. 
You have to be, when you have so many. 

This is a series. Corrupted you can read directly after Secrets and won't miss any details. This book is all Mafia with steamy romance mixed in. Content may be sensitive for some readers. Enjoy! 
Other books By Sapphire Knight include- Secrets, Exposed, Relinquish and Corrupted 





Overall Rating:  4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆
When a deadly mafia kingpin and a stubborn little bartender meet, it establishes an explosive storyline in Corrupted book four from author Sapphire Knight's Russkaya Mafiya/Oath Keepers series.  Once again, this marvelously talented author has written a thrilling, erotic romance full of steamy love and bite-your-nails-kinda-thrills!  I have been waiting patiently for Elaina and Viktor's journey and the final results lived up to my expectations even more.   This is my favorite book so far in this series.

Viktor is Tate's older brother, who stepped down allowing his brother to takeover for his father.  He knew his father favored Tate over him and accepted it.  Viktor is dark, broody and deadly when necessary.  He is the cleaner and lives for his work.  The day he was set to remove his from mark the hospital, he knew he would forever be changed. He had found His angel.

Elaina is Emily's twin sister the one she never knew she had.  Growing up in a foster home that provided no love or safety, she was scarred and trusted no one.  She works for her brother-in-law at Club 007 as a bartender and is content working to pay off her bills.  Secretly, she cares for Viktor even though she feels there is a barrier she can't let down even for him.

Viktor relentlessly pursues Elaina claiming her as his own.  This book shows the darker side of the Mafiya Bratva business that he deals with.  His people are loyal to him, but he does not trust anyone.  He learned from his uncle never to let your guard down.  Just when he has Elaina within his grasp, someone from his business tries to eliminate her from his life.  This is unacceptable, so he becomes the dominating alpha securing her and his future.


Overall, another satisfying entertaining read and I'm extremely happy with the newest addition to my library.  I highly suggest that you read this series in order although it can be read as a standalone, the foundation and knowledge from previous books enhance the story.


 Buy Links:  Amazon US/Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment