gc

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Review of Davenport Harbor (Six Degrees #3) by Mayra Statham


Anne Carter
As a little girl I dreamt of Prince Charming, I found out there was no such thing. On a rainy night, my nightmare of a Prince found me, but not my secret and I was able to run.

But what I ran into that night might be worse.
He's far from being a fairy tale prince. Older, grouchy and sullen.

One look in his eyes and I know he wants us as far from him as possible. Yet he keeps us safe, giving us more than harbor, he gives us hope.

He might not be a Prince but he's definitely the beastly King of his domain.

John Davenport
I’m a man who has avoided emotional entanglements longer than I care to remember. I should send them packing, but I can’t.

I’m not a good man. I’m ruthless. Uncaring. Calculating. 
I’m a man with mile long list of faults and redemption is not within my reach, not in this lifetime. No where close to the man that deserves the beauty that they can bring into a man’s life.

I just can’t seem to let them go.

A rain storm might have brought them to me but I’m like a vine around them, needing a little bit of their light to thrive.

Can two frightened souls heal and find courage to love again and become a family? Or are the ghosts of the past stronger than they can manage? 

Will the growly king and beautiful damsel in distress get their own modern day happy ending? 
Little girl’s might dream of Prince Charming
but a woman deserves a KING that stands behind his QUEEN. 





Overall Rating: 5 Rockin’ ★★★★

As I read this book, one thing really stood out and that was the story itself. Mayra Statham has produced a memorable love story in her latest release, Davenport Harbor.   I loved the way it started and also the technique she used to build the complex relationship between Anne and John. Switching back and forth between their POV was a fantastic way to let the reader inside the thought processes and feelings of each character. The interaction between the two main characters is perfect and it explains so many things that happen to them in this book as they move toward their HEA!

John is the ultimate alpha male that knows how to control his environment and those around him. He grows as the story progresses into more, as he becomes a loving, caring friend and lover! The past haunts him and he is trapped inside his memories of another time!  When he intervenes and rescues a stranded motorist, little does he know that it is his new beginning? A woman also haunted by her past and an innocent child drive away his nightmares and bring light to his life.

Her dreams were filled with happily ever after, not running from a horrific beast that threatened to destroy her if he found her.  Anne had managed to escape from her abusive boyfriend and stay hidden, until he found her again.  When her car broke down on the side of the road, things looked desolate!  Then a beautiful man stopped and would not take no for an answer when she refused his help.  He may seem like an unlikely knight in shining armor, but maybe he was just what she needed. 

Two scared souls that need each other to find healing meet and begin their journey together. As in anything worth having it is not an easy path that they take together.  Obstacles will be thrown at them and not just from others, but also from each other.  Will Anne and John find their way?  Read this beautifully written story and find out!

Links:  Amazon US






No comments:

Post a Comment