gc

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Black Box by Cassia Leo


♥️ Three fateful encounters....
♥️ Two heart-breaking tragedies....
♥️ One last chance to get it right.

From New York Times best selling author Cassia Leo, comes an epic love story about rewriting destiny.

Over the course of five years, Mikki and Crush cross paths on three separate occasions. Their first encounter changes Mikki's life forever, but their second meeting leaves them both buried beneath the emotional wreckage of a violent attack. Mikki is left with more questions and grief than she can handle, while Crush is forced to forget the girl who saved his life.

Now nineteen years old, Mikki Gladstone has decided she's tired of the mind-numbing meds. She books a flight to Los Angeles to end her life far away from her loving, though often distant, family.

Twenty-one-year-old Crush has always channeled his blackest thoughts into his music, but he's never had great aspirations. He decides to fly to Los Angeles to record a demo of the only song he's never performed in public; a song he wrote for a girl he doesn't even know: Black Box. He has no expectations of fame and he's never felt like his life had any purpose... until he meets Mikki in Terminal B.

When Mikki and Crush cross paths for the third time in Terminal B, neither has any idea who the other person is; until they slowly piece together their history and realize that fate has more in store for them than just another love story.

Overall Rating:  4.5 Rockin’ ★☆

I USED TO WRITE LONG suicide letters, but I don’t see the point in it anymore.  If I’m going to leave this world a better place, I don’t want to leave behind a ten-page letter detailing all my emotional baggage.  Besides, most of the people who know me, the ones close enough to read the letter already know how screwed up I am.
Mikki wants to die.  She is tired of being bullied by others and not listened too.  No one understands how she feels and why she feels the way she does. She has one friend, no boyfriend, does not leave her house and only her sister seems to care about her.  Her parents love her but don’t understand her. She is lost and alone.
He hangs his coat on the back of the chair and sits across from me.  He stares at my hands for a few seconds before he looks up. “Do we know each other?”
Crush cannot forget the night that the darkness almost took his life.  The night he was ready to commit suicide.  The night he saved a young girl that had been brutally attacked and almost beaten to death.  From the moment he saw her ravaged and bloody he was saved.
The girl who saved my life.  The girl I killed for.  The girl I’d give my life for.  She loves me and all the blackness inside me.
Fate had intervened and given them the opportunity to cross paths again.  Will fear deny them a future? Will they find answers in the Black Box?
Fear is crippling.  Fear of the future can convince us that there is no way out and nothing is ever going to get better.  Fear is blinding; it can make us miss the warning signs flashing right in front of our eyes.  It can also make you miss those brilliant flashes of color, when the world isn’t so gray. But, if you think about it, being afraid isn’t such a bad thing.  Because fear is a reminder that you still have something to lose.  Something worth holding onto.
Hero –Crush (William Slayer): 5 stars
Heroine –Mikki Gladstone: 4 stars
Steam: 3 stars 
Plot: 4 stars 
Cliffhanger: No
Would I recommend this book: Yes! This book teaches a lesson…that you should never give up.  Something better is just around the corner if you just look.
Would I read other books by this author: Yes! This is one of my favorite authors.  I cannot wait to see where she will take me next.

Buy book on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment