gc

Monday, March 24, 2014

Forever, Jack (Eversea #2) by Natasha Boyd


A feisty small-town girl and the Hollywood star who broke her heart

An all-consuming love threatened by fame

One last chance at FOREVER

Keri Ann Butler's life changed on the night she met movie star, Jack Eversea. She thought she knew a Jack that was very different to the man adored by fans the world over. In the wake of his betrayal and abandonment, Keri Ann has had to pick up and move forward with the life she was supposed to live and has put off far too long. 

Suddenly Jack is back, and his explanations for why he left seem more and more plausible, and his declarations more seductive. But being Jack's latest tabloid accessory isn't on Keri Ann's career agenda, no matter how much she is attracted to him. And how can she can ever trust him again?

Jack knows he let the only 'real' thing that ever happened to him slip through his fingers. And his hands have been tied to try and stop it. Until Now.

Jack is now fighting to save his relationship with Keri Ann, even as his crazy life threatens to tear them apart. Again. The question is, can he convince her she can have it all? And have him? Forever?

Overall rating: 4 Rockin' 


"Let's start with something I never told you before.  I, Jack Eversea, am utterly...in...love...with you, Kerri Ann Butler." 

"The thing about pain, whether physical or emotional, is there's no running away.  You can't escape it or hide from it.  Not by ignoring it, not by drugging it, not by doing a swan dive into a bottle.  Sooner or later you'll have to take a breath,  let the pain rush in and get to the other side like your life depends on it.  Because it does."
"You are so beautiful, so talented, so honest.  And you are strong.  Let me be part of your life and be brave enough to be part of mine.  I know you can be, I've seen your strength.  Please believe in us."  His voice broke.
"The way I feel about you was never a decision.  It just was.  I was made to love you.  I never fell, I was already there.  From the very first moment."
What a roller coaster ride Natasha takes us on in this story, Forever, Jack (Eversea #2).  I really appreciated the fact that Kerri Ann was able to get her life together, without the need of a man, that is and get her degree from SCAAD.  She was able to take the beautiful things that her and her grandmother began creating together so long ago and call it art.  It seems as if her beautiful spirit is able to shine through every piece that she creates.  Jack is finally able to put to rest the many things that plague him in his life.  The life of a mega star is not all what it seems.  They are people, just like the rest of us.  

From one moment thinking everything was going to work out, to the next twist and turn of events, I was left again on the "edge of my seat", wanting more and wanting to know that Kerri Ann and Jack would get their happily ever after.  It seemed that the characters had to grow and experience different things in order to come together.  Just as in real life!

Feeling a bit bereft from the way the first book left me, I was glad to have the ending that I so desperately wanted.  Without giving it away, I think everyone will be happy with the way this book progresses.  Natasha, you have a way with words.  I can't wait to read more from you ...GrÄ“ta

Hero - Jack Eversea: 4.5 stars
Heroine - Kerri Ann Butler: 4.0 stars
Steam Level: 4.0 stars 
Plot: 4.0 stars 
Cliffhanger: No
Would I recommend this book: Yes!
Would I read other books by this author: Yes!

Buy book on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment