gc

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Interview with Author Kathryn Kelly

All About Kathryn Kelly
Kathryn Kelly is living her dream and writing books. She's always been an avid reader and still devours books in her spare time. She also enjoys football, socializing, music, eating, and jokes. In her head, she's the ultimate biker babe. In reality, she's an ordinary girl-next-door and a native New Orleanian.


We are so excited to have the Author of the Death Dwellers MC series here with us today.  We have read every single book and love the way you write.  We have a few questions for you so let's get started.  

Where do you get your inspiration for your books? For Misled, I dreamed up Christopher. The inspiration for Misunderstood were the readers. Inspiration for the other books have come from the characters.

How do you decide physical features, names, etc. for your characters? From my dream, I knew Outlaw had black hair. Once I decided that his girl would have blue eyes, (which he had at first) I changed his eyes to green. The late Paul Walker was my inspiration for Johnnie. I have an old baby name book that I use for names. I also go to baby name sites and I go through names until I find one that strikes me. Val’s road name was Diablo at first and it never sat right with me. I saw a piece on Val Kilmer and viola, I knew I’d found the name I needed.

Do you find yourself identifying with some of your characters? I do, sometimes.  If so, which character? A little from each of the heroines—Megan, Kendall, Zoann and Bailey.

Is there a novel that you’ve written that you consider your best work? Hmmm, I don’t think so. I’m very, very critical of what I write. What is it? Thinking further, I realize I like Misbehavior a lot because I enjoyed exploring the guys’ beginnings with the club.

Who is your favorite author? This is a hard one. I have a lot of favorite authors. What book by that author is your favorite? Remy, UnBeautifully, Toxic, One More Chance, Rush Too Far, Reaper’s Property…the list is long and varied.

Did this author influence your writing? Yes. In what way? I admire the rawness of the storytelling of Madeline Sheehan, AC Bextor, and Joanna Wylde. They take these hard and tough characters and write their tales in a beautiful way. They push the envelope and raise the bar. I’m actually in love with Ripper, Shame, and Horse. Y’all know that, right?

Do you have a favorite genre that you read? Yes What is it? Generally, it’s Romance. Every now and then, I enjoy a good thriller. Tess Gerritsen for example.


What do you feel would be your greatest accomplishment as a writer? I think a great accomplishment would be to have a long, prolific, and successful career.

Flash Round
~Beer or Hard Liquor?   Beer
~Italian or Chinese?       Chinese
~Rock or Country?         Rock
~Boxers or briefs?          Not choosy


No comments:

Post a Comment