gc

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Review of Barbarian's Prize (Ice Planet Barbarians #5) by Ruby Dixon



It’s hard being the most popular girl on the ice planet. The alien men are falling all over themselves to impress me in the hopes that I’ll take them to my furs. But they don’t know my secrets – none of them do. And they don’t realize that behind my smile, I just wish they’d go away.

I don’t want any of them. I want someone else – someone with a gorgeous blue body, big horns, and the most intense gaze ever. He’s the only one that knows the truth. Maybe with him, I can work through my fears of the past….but I’m pretty sure he wants more than just friendship.
He wants forever, and I’m not sure I can give it. 





Overall Rating:  4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆
The blue aliens are back in Ruby Dixon’s sixth book in her science fiction romance series, Ice Planet Barbarians!  Barbarian’s Prize takes us back to the frigid cold ice planet and begins with the lives of the south cave dwellers and their daily existence.   We are introduced to the hunky, sexy and oh so sweet natured, Salukh and his love/mate interest, Tiffany, a very popular female on planet Not-Hoth. 
 
Tiffany, along with the other human women were captured by the basketball head aliens and dumped on the ice cold planet when their ship had problems.  Her khui has not resonated to a warrior yet and she hopes it never happens.  Unlike her roomie, Josie, she doesn’t want to be touched ever again.  Her time on the alien ship before they escaped was brutal and she wants to forget it ever happened.  
 
Salukh’s heart knows Tiffany is his mate and continually reminds his khui of this, but it refuses to resonate so he bides his time by becoming her friend.  He helps her with all her job related projects and hopes for the moment to occur.  The more time they spend together the more he sees how skittish and leery his Tiffany is.  
 
Another superb book by Ruby Dixon! I was captured in Tiffany’s plight with each page and couldn’t stop reading once I began.  I needed to know the outcome.  I needed to know how Ms. Dixon would spin her tale even with the obstacles she had placed along the way for our main couple.  Needless to say, I was not disappointed at all with the story and look forward to the next book in the series!  With each book, Ms. Dixon releases, the anticipation increases to see what’s next for her characters.  This was a fantastic read and addition to my library. 

Buy Links:  Amazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment